Because we lived with our own Cushing’s dogs, we fully understand how difficult it can be to meet the expenses associated with the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of this disease. We would love to help all who apply but sadly that is simply not possible. We are geared toward those at or below the US National Poverty Level but we do realize that life can throw a curve ball at times, leaving us in a tough situation financially. So in special cases such as unexpected hardship we may also be able to help. We are 100% donation funded so the amount of money with which we have to work depends solely on donations and will vary from day to day. As funds allow we will award aid to applicants approved based on our guidelines.
Our fund is geared toward those at or below the US national poverty level. We do take into consideration special circumstances and hardships the individual or family may be facing when determining eligibility.
Funds are granted for testing and treatment related to canine Cushing’s (hyperadrenocorticism) only as performed and prescribed by a licensed veterinarian.
The fund cannot pay for non-medical expenses, non-related emergencies, expenses resulting from other medical conditions, euthanasia, cremation, nor reimburse bills already paid. We will pay on a zero balance account if permitted by the clinic/hospital/etc.
Payments are made directly to medical providers/personnel, reducing out of pocket expenses for low income families and those facing sudden negative changes in their financial circumstances such as changes in home life, income, personal health, etc. We do not give funds to owners, rescues, shelters, etc.
We do not answer questions nor become involved in the diagnosis or treatment process. If you have questions about your dog’s diagnosis or treatment prescribed, please see our Helpful Links page under the Resources tab on our website found here – http://www.tipper-squirtcushingfund.org/helpful-links.html
We process applications as quickly as possible, usually making a determination in 1-2 weeks after the application and all supporting documentation is received.
The current MAXIMUM per household (not per dog) is $250 per year. Whether we pay one $250 payment or ten $25 payments, the maximum is $250 a year per household. Each time aid is needed, a new application must be submitted.
If you are approved for a grant we will request a photo of your dog and ask your permission to share that photo under our Happy Tails tab on our website and on our Facebook page. Our donors like to see the babies they are helping! You can find Happy Tails here – http://www.tipper-squirtcushingfund.org/dogs-youve-helped.html
Documents can be attached to the email where indicated on the application, emailed directly to us at email@example.com, or you may send them via snail mail to the Jamestown, PA address found on the application.
* Be the owner or foster responsible for medical and other costs for the dog in question and provide paid vet bills showing your name and the name of the dog in question as proof of medical responsibility when you submit application
* Give your veterinarian(s) written permission to talk with representatives from the Tipper and Squirt Care for Cushing’s Fund, Inc. before you apply
* Make sure your vet(s), clinic(s), hospital(s), pharmacy, etc. will accept 3rd party payment before you apply
* Provide all documentation requested on the application
* Respond as soon as possible to any contact from the fund such as email, etc. in order to speed the approval process along
* Please do not send SSN or other personal identifying numbers such as bank accounts, credit/debit card numbers, etc. We ask this for your protection as well as ours. So please take extra care to remove all identifying numbers from any documents you submit.
If you decide you do want to apply, please reread this page now and refer back to this page as needed in order to assure you are fully compliant before submitting the application – such as making sure all ID numbers have been removed.
To proceed with your online application type your name in the box below as your signature.